Thursday, December 20, 2007

American Gangster

DAN - In the past I have enjoyed the work of Ridley Scott, Russell Crowe, and Denzel Washington, so I was understandably looking forward to this film. I knew nothing about the subject matter other than what I had seen in the film’s trailers, but I trusted the talent involved. They did not disappoint. American Gangster is a well-crafted film about business, respect, and the law.

Washington plays Frank Lucas, a man who is willing to take advantage of others for his own sake and that of his family. Crowe plays Richie Roberts a non-crooked cop (a rarity in this film) who is determined to put an end to Lucas’ drug business. A good story, top-notch acting, and excellent direction make American Gangster an entertaining film that deserves repeat viewings.

No comments: