Wednesday, December 19, 2007

No Country for Old Men

DAN - As a fan of several films by the Coen Brothers, I was hoping that this would be another one to add to my collection. The Coens have made some flops in recent years (Intolerable Cruelty, The Ladykillers), but based on this film’s trailers, I had a good feeling about it. The brothers exceeded my expectations, making No Country for Old Men one of my favorite recent films.

The film follows a man who, after finding two million dollars in a briefcase, must run to avoid being killed by the man who was sent to retrieve it. That man, Anton Chigurh, is one of the best villains I have seen in any film. He is a methodical killer who lets no one interfere with his determination. This film has its share of tension-inducing sequences as well as an ending that kept me thinking.

No comments: