Sunday, December 23, 2007

No Country for Old Men

Warning: Spoilers
STEVE
- No Country for Old Men is one of the best filmed films I have ever seen. Perfect cinematography accompanied by a perfect underscore of mostly sound effects, And a perfect cast with arguably the most evil villain to haunt audiences on the silver screen. It is a delight to watch such a complete film.

However, (and of course with me there is always an however) I will admit that I was lost on the true meaning of the film. I hate to admit it, but I think the ending was lost on me. In the end the villain escapes after being mangled in an auto accident, and Tommy Lee Jones character has a powerful monologue at the end of the film that I don’t understand. What does it mean??!!

I really wish to see this movie again just so I can make another attempt to grasp it. Until then…

No comments: